Thursday, March 15, 2012

A Chat with Grandpa


I sat with my grandpa
Having one of our friendly chats

I started with a question:
"What is this thing called love?
This funny thing called love?"

He looked at me, smiled and said:
"Love is all
The laughter and the tears that fall
The mundane and the magical
Love is all

All is love
The careless word, the healing touch
The getting and the giving of
All is love"

- Grandpa you were a sailor
Did you find love easily?
Or was it tough
With every day at a different port?

- I only had one love
And when I saw her
I could only say:
"I've been around this world
I've been a lot of places
Seen a million faces
In a thousand towns
But when I looked into your eyes
I knew I found Heaven
And I've been wantin' to tell you
I never wanna let you go"

Sometimes I would wake her up
In the middle of the night
Just to hear her voice
Just to say:
"I just called to say I love you
I just called to say how much I care
I just called to say I love you
And I mean it from the bottom of my heart"

But why all the questions?
Is there someone special?

I just smiled

- How do you feel when you see her?

-"Why do birds suddenly appear
Every time you are near?
Just like me, they long to be
Close to you.

Why do stars fall down from the sky
Every time you walk by?
Just like me, they long to be
Close to you."

- Well, take my advice
Always let her know how you feel
Just say:
"Have I told you lately that I love you
Have I told you there's no one else above you
Fill my heart with gladness
Take away all my sadness
Ease my troubles that's what you do"

And you must always believe
And tell her from your heart:
"Let me fill your heart with joy and laughter
Togetherness, well that's all I'm after
Whenever you need me, I'll be there
I'll be there to protect you
With an unselfish love that respects you
Just call my name and I'll be there"

- I love you grandpa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment